27 May 2014

Tea time...

Hello everybody,
I hope you are all well. I am so excited to share the latest from Surrey.

As you can see both the blog has been now updated with the new design! What do you think? I really like it... It has taken a little while because we have been without internet for three weeks!
I have been on the phone with BT almost every day, hoping the the problem would be fixed. The finally came around the house and agreed that there was a fault on the line over the road. They opened up the road, and they just could not find the fault. Then finally on Saturday we had a really nice engineer that looked like he knew what he was doing. He went up the BT box and found that someone had taken out a lead to fix someone else's line and not replace our lead! Would you believe that? Three weeks!
Three weeks without Netflix! Not the end of the world by any means. I have found myself dedicating more and more time to the garden, reading more books, and spending the evenings watching old dvd's.
Anyway. We are now officially back online, and it's a blessing to be able to catch up with everything I had to put on hold during this time.

On the last post I mentioned that I was thinking of upgrading my Canon. Well, I finally decided which on to buy after watching many reviews online: a Nikon D5100!
Here is is... My new baby...


It's so wonderful. One of the many things I like about this camera is the ability to rotate the screen, (which not all Canon do) which comes really in handy when I am filming videos.
Battery really does not last at all unfortunately; but I have two and I alternate them. I keep the battery out of the camera when not in use, and this seems to help.


During our recent trip to the New Forest I had the opportunity to try it out...
I am still learning all of the functions, so I used it in automatic this time.


This is a picture taken with the New Nikon. Feel definitely clearer, it's quicker, sharper. I like it a lot.


  While this picture above has been taken with the old Canon (with green enrichment) I really do like that function, it seems to capture the feeling I had when I was immersed into that beautiful forest!
We loved the horses, the deers, and all of the nature. Over there they still had bluebells! I was thrilled!


During our camping trip we went walking, (I kept Twist on the leash, because the temptation of chase deers was just too strong) we walked to a near-by village called Brokenhust where we enjoyed a delicious cream tea (for Jason) and Strawberries and tea (for me)


 The Tea was yummi, but it was the location which really blew me away. I love all vintage, homemade and handmade things... and the beautiful outdoor tea room really had style! It reminded me of this!


This past week end we had a Birthday celebration for my sister in law, and I made these beautiful pink banners:

Aren't they just the cutest?
Well, I must say I was really impressed with myself, because I used old plastic bags to make them and a bit of ribbon!
It's so easy and fun to make... I shall post a tutorial about how to make them in the coming days which it's a bit different from this one because the different use of materials called for a different assemblage need! Stay tuned for the tutorial...

Meanwhile, I have been thinking about getting a Wacom Intuos 4 for my illustration work; but i am still wondering whether that's the right tablet for me. I will sure keep you posted!

I send you all much love and have a wonderful week!

x Giulia x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them