11 November 2011

Birthday


Happy Birthday Giulia!


today,
11-11-11
it's my birthday!

I already had some pressies, and two birthday cakes (what a lucky girl) but I shall celebrate some more when, on the week end mum and I are going to have a joint birthday party together. So I'm going to make a vegan Birthday Cake. I'm still experimenting,since I never cooked vegan before, but hey, this is fun. Plus, I feel i can eat more cake like this, since it doesn't have any butter whatsoever! Nor eggs! I always thought that if you didn't have eggs you could not bake! This couldn't be further from the truth. So this is handy even if you are not vegan and you have just ran out of some ingredients in your pantry!

Yesterday jumped right into it and made these two awesome cakes,


one for me and one for Jason!


This on is the chocolate cake. Which turned out to be an amazing vegan brownie cake. It didn't rise hardly at all but I think that's fine because it made nice and moist, and very rich.
I can hardly believe that this hasn't got any butter in it.
(apart from the vegan butter+sugar topping, which of course is optional!)
it's Amazing! try it.


Giulia's Vegan Chocolate Brownie Cake

1 cup organic plain flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup warm water
1/4 vegetable oil
1/2 cocoa
1 tsp vanilla paste or 1 vanilla pod
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Mix well all of the dry ingredients. on a separate bowl, mix water & oil. Gently pour wet ingredients over the dry ones stir well to avoid the formation of lumps. When the mixure is nice and smooth (it's quite liqui, and that's OK) pour over your baking tin and place in the oven, 180* (gas mark 4) for 20 min.

For topping, (optional) mix 3 tbsp of vegetable butter with 1/3 cup of sugar and spread over the cake (once the cake is cool). Decorate with chocolate flakes.


This one is a lemon drizzle one. I used the same recipe of the other cake, but instead of adding cocoa and added lemon zest. I also decorated it with a sauce made from the juice from 1 whole lemon and 1/2 cup of sugar. (could get away using 1/3 sugar i think) then poured it straight on top of the hot cake as i took it out of the oven.

yuppy!
enjoy.

x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them