09 March 2011

Pancakes + Art in March


Happy Wednesday Everybody!
I hope you are all having a great week so far!
Here in South East Britain has been absolutely glorious.
Sunshine and a real feeling of Spring in the air!
Yesterday it was Pancake's day and for the first time, they came out just as I wanted them.
Small but thick American style pancakes. Delicious!!!


We had some with agave syrup & lemon, caster sugar & lemon, agave syrup and caramel, agave syrup and caster sugar, basically all of the possible combinations!!!

The recipe was so good, that I want to share it with all of you.

So, real simple. In my recipe book this is supposed to make 12. but it only make 5 realy thick ones, which I think is much much better!!!

1 cup of milk
1 1/2 cup of plain flour
2 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
1 egg
pinch of salt

Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl, the mix will be quite thick. I really don't bother with mixing the eggs or sugar first… just mix all together it's easier and quicker and is all the same anyway…!

Put some rice bran oil (the best to be used on high temperatures) on your heavy bottom pan then place the equivalent of a ladle full of mixture into the hot pan and wait around 30 seconds before turning. (Heat around mark 3-4)
I kept the ready pancakes in the oven at 100'c to keep cozy until the other ones where ready to eat!!!

Enjoy my darlings!

Also today…
I can finally share my New Vintage Series!
A series of pet portrait of my favourite handmade characters!

Mousier Hedgehog
(from my hedgehog series you all know)

The Postman Owl
(from it's raining love)
Narwhal the sweetheart
and...

a new friend too…
which does not have a name just yet.

Anyway, you will be seeing this originals up for sale in the shop soon!

for now,
have a wonderful day and see you soon
xxx

hugs x kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them