14 September 2009

White & Red: Wee Projects

Good Morning gorgeous people!
Thank you for tuning in! How are you?! I hope all well and happy! Isn't exciting that autumn is coming? I'm loving every minute of this wonderful September month.
Today I went for a walk in th Mickleham Downs and I was amused to watch a little squirrol eating hundreds of hazel nuts stading on top of a branch... he was so sweet! It looked like this sweet creature was trying to get fat for the winter!

: : Confession : : And so I'm I...

Keep keep making tasty cakes with seasonal apples, althought I have to say, I'm incredibly careful in the amount of sugar I use and I am reducing the amount of sugar up to about half the recommended dosege, and the good part is that they still taste amazing!
This is one of my favorite cakes of all time, Strudel that my mum used to make every autumn for us (my bro and I) to take to school every morning as Merenda (school 10:30am break) Delicious!!!


Strudel is very quick and easy, try it please! You will love it and your kids will love it too!
  • 250gr puff pastry
  • 30 gr butter & 50gr bread crumbs
  • sultanas (let to rest in hot water 20 min before cooking)
  • 4 apples
  • cinnamon
  • 50 gr organic sugar
  • pinenuts, flaked almonds

Melt the butter in a pan add the bread crubs and let to tost for a few minutes. Flat the pastry, very very thin, add all the ingredients on the top, bread crubs first then all the others, fold gently as a roll, close the edges. In he goes in the oven for about 30 min at 200°... delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream!!! That's it! Easy pisy. Such a treat...

Question: So, what's going on at The Card Tree, Giulia? Answer: So much!!!
There are new red & white cuties coming out of the studio onto the shop everyday!


I've decided to list them here and in the store as I go along, and I'm not entirely sure of when all of this red and white madness will end, because I'm having so much fun with it!

I hae to keep you posted. Some of these handpainted writing sets, postcards, cards and sculptures will be in the shop tommorrow!


Have a lovely day,
x Giulia x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them