04 June 2009

Home Is... Where The Nest Is

Hello my Dears!
Today I Have some lovely News for you...
When I arrived home last week, I looked out of my bedroom window over the hazel tree, as I always do, but this time I saw something that made me real happy...

This very cute nest!
With little babies!

They are just so sweet!
Every morning when I wake up I check on them, take a few snaps, and say hello (very quietly, and just if their Mum is not there). I have to tell you, these cute babies had quite an experience a few weeks ago...
Unfortunately, their Mum Dove is not so good looking after them and making their nesty nest!
My Mum told me that the Mum Dove made this nest so badly this year that in a matter of days from the brood, it landed upside down on the garden table (about 4 meters below!).
Luckily the two little Dove birdies were still alive in it!

Mum quickly repaired the nest with a bread basket and Dad placed the new nest back on the tree in about the same position. At first, Mum Dove would come on the branch and not see the nest at all, even if it was only 3 inches from the original position, but then after a few hours she finally found it and feed the birdies.


Our little friends are growing really fast and well, even if the Mum dove is not very present at times, they look just fine. We all keep an eye on them, in case they'll need help.
So now, the two babies have about 4 Mothers rather then one!
Life its really full of miracles...

Fondly,
Giulia



1 comment:

  1. Aww, they're so cute! That's really cool that you get to watch them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them