24 April 2009

Green Column - Issue 8 - by Giulia Mauri

Hello my Dears!
Today's Green Column is all about Eco Beauty tips! Exciting!

Everyday we use many beauty products that are supposed to make our skin, hair and nails looking good and healthy.

I recently started to read carefully the labels of the product that I use, and I didn't like what I saw one bit. In the face cleanser that I use in the evening there are about 23 different chemicals! I accidentaly rub the cleanser on my lip and the taste is was disgusting... if it taste that bad can't be good for my skin either...
I stopped using that product and started to look for healthyer alternatives. There are many inviting organic beauty products in the health shop, but they are just to expensive for me. So, I started to reserch by myself simple homemade remedies that I can make with organic ingrediends that I already have at home. This is what I found out so far:

1) Simple Milk Skin Cleanser


Very simple, very lovely.
Bring to boil 1/2 cup of organic milk. Wait until it cools, for at least 5-10 minutes. Then dip a cotton ball into the milk and rub on your face and neck. Wash with only warm water. Done! While cleansing your skin in this natural way you are also making it soft and silky.

Do not use if you have milk allergies.


2) Simple Almond Hair Lotion


This remedy is particulary good if you have long hair.
Rub some almond oil in your head and hear. Then place a towel around your hair and leave the oil overnight; wash your hair the day after, when they are dry, they will feel so silky like never before!

3) Simple Lemon Nail Lotion


Dip a cotton ball in fresh lemon juice and rub it on the nails for a few minutes. Then leave it on the nails until is completly dry and afterwords wash with warm water. This remedy will make your nail stronger and will improve their shine.

With these tips you cannot go wrong, you will never have any side effects, and you will save a lot of money. Get experimenting and let me know how you get on!

I have also recently received this book from Jason's mum and dad:

Grow You Own Drugs by James Wong

I love it! It's a truly wonderful book. There are many homemade remedies for common ailments and also there is a section about beauty tips! At the end of the book there is a charts with all the plant used in the book and directions of how to grown them in your garden and many inspiring pictures. I look forward trying some of the recipes in it!

I hope you have enjoyed this Green Column,
Lots of love,

Giulia

1 comment:

  1. Lovely ideas!
    Thanks for sharing!
    The book also sounds great...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them