20 April 2009

Decorating + Ask, Seek & Knock

Hello my Dears!

I hope you are all well and had a great week end!
I spent my weekend at home with Jason, decorating the hall of our flat.
Our entrance it's a very tricky space to work on. First it's very dark, as there are no windows, and secondly it's very small, so it's difficult to find the right furnitures.

So we painted the walls of a pure white and replace the low lightening with a bright energy saving light bulb. We also bought a new lampshade from the fair trade shop but soon found out that we can't use it because as the plastic of the old lampshade has melted with the light bulb holder and it can't be undone unless we replace the whole thing. Such a shame.
There are still a few things we want to do, like painting the doors, replace the carpet or get rid of it completely and sand down the wooden floor.

I'm hunting for a old Victorian rounded shelf or half table. I would like to paint it white and to place it on one side of the corridor opposite to the framed old map of the local area.

We have already spotted great lamp to go on top of it, but we will purchase it once we have the shelf or table. Then, the last few fen shui touches must be added, or course! Like a lively plant (probably a fern because there isn't much light) and also a moss terrarium.

I'm also making an inscription for the bathroom door, using a piece of drift wood that we found on the beach.

Don't worry, I haven't just been decorating!
:)

I also have something for you too. A new Paper Marché box!



I really like it!
I painted a silver key on the front. The key it's a simbol of wisdom, indipendence, knowledge. The key its surrunded with fairy dust ecause it's a magic key. I also painted a short exact from my favorite verse in the Bible:


"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7,7

I like to read this little paragraph everyday. It reminds me that life is a gift and you can't waist it waiting around for things to happen.

"If you want something in life... you jump and grab it" Into the Wild 2007

I really like the idea of having words like this ones on objects, like a box, that you can see and experince everyday. The back of the box it's also reach in details:


With red polka dots aound the edge, a pretty banner and my signature.
See you tomorrow with more of my works and estract from my life.

Love!

Giulia

3 comments:

  1. I love those words! The are very nspiring indeed. I will write them somewhere I can see them all the time too!

    ps:Love your blog!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are keeping busy Giulia!
    Looking forward seeing some pictures of your decorating work! There paper marche are exquisite! Well done! x Take Care, Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them