06 July 2008

Into the Wild

Hi Everyone,


Have you ever seen into the wild?
If you haven't you might want to skip this, as i might spoil your surprise. :)
I wached Into the Wild for the fisrt time a couple of months ago. I loved it. The direction, the actors and the music. I thought it was brillant.

After i saw it I could not sleep for days, I was sad and I didn't feel like eating...
The thing that really striked me it was the very last shoot. When you see Christopher's picture by the bus and you realize that it all happened for real.
It's so beautiful to see Chris at the end, wrapping himself and his sleeping bag and looking at the clouds, still bright, still full of life.



I had to watch it again, and I did, the other day, while I was painting and it got me thinking again... There are so many meanings behind the things that happen and the things that the charachers say.

Thoughout the all the film you are lead to think that Christpher, despite his young age, is the wise one, he knows something we all crave for... "Are you Jesus?" says the hippy guy.

And he is told not to do those thigs he wanted to do, to be carefull...

"This is a mistake, is a mistake to get too deep and that kind of stuff, Alex you are a hell of a young guy!" says Wayne.
"That book of yours is cool and everything, but you can't depend entirly on leaves and berries!" tells him Jan...

Like stars on his path Christpher meets people who try to indicate the way, in their own way...

And you think - Why are they saying those thing? Don't stop him, he has to go!

It's only with the last chapeter (rightly called the wise) when Alex meets Ron, you understand something that Alex has not yet seen. I especially like the very last shoot in the car, when they are talking to each other and Ron's got tears in his eyes. (What amazing actor Hal Holbrook is!)

I hold this film right into my heart, it gave me so much passion, for life itself!

A special thanks to Sean Penn, Emile Hirsch and Eddie Vedder.
Love you all!

x

6 comments:

  1. i'm also into those things. care to give some advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi online lottery, thank you for your comment!
    What soart of advice do you need?

    The today's post it's only meant to be a personal observation about this beautiful movie... nothing more ;)

    Thank you for visiting Online Lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 08, 2008

    Hi! I couldn't read your entire post because I have not seen this movie. I skimmed through though, and it sounds like it moved you very much. I will check my library to see if they have the DVD.

    ~immersion

    P.S. Sometimes I too get comments from lottery or some form of lottery and it turns out to be a spam. It's a battle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 08, 2008

    Hi! I couldn't read your entire post because I have not seen this movie. I skimmed through though, and it sounds like it moved you very much. I will check my library to see if they have the DVD.

    ~immersion

    P.S. Sometimes I too get comments from lottery or some form of lottery and it turns out to be a spam. It's a battle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too skimmed in case I pick up the movie, but I did want to say the I LOVE the view from your window! Peace and tranquility.

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 20, 2008

    Finally, last night I saw the movie so today 7/19, I can read your post. I knew once I heard the music that it would be a sweet one and indeed it was. I couldn't agree with you more on your insights. It was a shocker for me to see his picture in the end as well. I had no idea it was a true story. I too, couldn't sleep . . .thanks for the suggestion. I so want to find the book now if there is one.
    ~immersion

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them