08 May 2008

The Red Dress

Hi Everyone...
here at the artist studio it has been another very busy day...

During the ideas hour I worked on one of my obsessions, that is the red dress...
There are lots of different types of red. I would say that my red is in between the vermillion and the carmine red.

This colour it has always been rich of meaning:
life, love, passion and pain. The colour of anger, power, adventure and challenge, religion, joy, and so on...

A few years ago I came up with the story of this young girl, with a long red dress, and red shoes.

These elements would accompany her on her journeys... the journeys of colours as i called it sometimes...


On today's painting the girl is vanished... the dress remains. Becomes more puffed, floats in the sky or simply rests... on a red wall.


I'm planning on printing some cards about this...

xox

ps: Red Dress cards are ready!!! You will find them here!
Also planning on doing some prints on this subject. Like really tiny prints on a lovely FSC wood frame...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them